On the House Floor This Week - 9/5/17
The House of Representatives will be in session this week. The legislative schedule, including which bills are brought to the floor for a vote, is set by the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and the Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
To contact my office about the legislation we’re considering this week, please contact my office at 202-225-2721 or by clicking here.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (4 bills)
- H.R. 1843 – Clyde-Hirsch-Sowers RESPECT Act (Rep. Roskam – Ways and Means)
- H.R. 3110 – Financial Stability Oversight Council Insurance Member Continuity Act (Rep. Hultgren – Financial Services)
- S. 1616 – Bob Dole Congressional Gold Medal Act (Sen. Roberts – Financial Services)
- H.R. 2864 – Improving Access to Capital Act, as amended (Rep. Sinema – Financial Services)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2017 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
Suspension (1 bill)
- H.R. 3388 – SELF DRIVE Act (Rep. Latta – Energy and Commerce)
H.R. 3354 – “Make America Secure and Prosperous Appropriations Act, 2018” (Rep. Frelinghuysen – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
Legislation Related to Disaster Supplemental Appropriations