On the House Floor This Week - 5/1/17
The House of Representatives will be in session this week. The legislative schedule, including which bills are brought to the floor for a vote, is set by the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and the Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
To contact my office about the legislation we’re considering this week, please contact my office at 202-225-2721 or by clicking here.
MONDAY, MAY 1, 2017
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 bills)
- H.R. 910 – Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017 (Rep. Hill – Financial Services)
- H.R. 1312 – Small Business Capital Formation Enhancement Act (Rep. Poliquin – Financial Services)
- H.R. 1366 – U.S. Territories Investor Protection Act of 2017 (Rep. Velazquez – Financial Services)
- H.R. 657 – Follow the Rules Act (Rep. Duffy – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. 1242 – 400 Years of African-American History Commission Act, as amended (Rep. Scott (VA) – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. 1644 – Korean Interdiction and Modernization of Sanctions Act, as amended (Rep. Royce – Foreign Affairs)
TUESDAY, MAY 2, 2017 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday and Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (3 bills)
- H.R. 1665 – Disaster Declaration Improvement Act (Rep. Rodney Davis – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 1679 – FEMA Accountability, Modernization and Transparency Act of 2017 (Rep. Graves (LA) – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 1678 – To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act concerning the statute of limitations for actions to recover disaster or emergency assistance payments, as amended (Rep. Frankel – Transportation and Infrastructure)
H.R. 1180 – Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017 (Rep. Roby – Education and the Workforce) (Subject to a Rule)
Legislation related to FY 2017 Appropriations