On the House Floor This Week - 10/31/17
The House of Representatives is in session this week. The legislative schedule, including which bills are brought to the floor for a vote, is set by Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.
To contact my office about the legislation we’re considering this week, please contact my office at 202-225-2721 or by clicking here.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2017
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (4 bills)
- H.R. 2921 – National Forest System Vegetation Management Pilot Program Act of 2017 (Rep. Cramer – Agriculture)
- H.R. 2941 – Kisatchie National Forest System Land Conveyance Act (Rep. Abraham – Agriculture)
- H.R. 3567 – To authorize the purchase of a small parcel of Natural Resources Conservation Service property in Riverside, California, by the Riverside Corona Resource Conservation District, and for other purposes (Rep. Calvert – Agriculture)
- H.R. 2521 – South Carolina Peanut Parity Act of 2017 (Rep. Wilson (SC) – Agriculture)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2017
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspension (8 bills)
- H.R. 3903 – Encouraging Public Offerings Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Budd – Financial Services)
- H.R. 1585 – Fair Investment Opportunities for Professional Experts Act, as amended (Rep. Schweikert – Financial Services)
- H.R. 425 – FTO Passport Revocation Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Poe – Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 422 – Urging adherence to the "one country, two systems" policy as prescribed in the Joint Declaration between the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the Government of the People's Republic of China on the Question of the Hong Kong, as amended (Rep. Engel – Foreign Affairs)
- H.R. 3279 – Helium Extraction Act of 2017 (Rep. Cook – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1074 – To repeal the Act entitled “An Act to confer jurisdiction on the State of Iowa over offenses committed by or against Indians on the Sac and Fox Indian Reservation” (Rep. Blum – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 2600 – To provide for the conveyance to the State of Iowa of the reversionary interest held by the United States in certain land in Pottawattamie County, Iowa, and for other purposes, as amended (Rep. Young (IA) – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1488 – The Indiana Dunes National Park Act, as amended (Rep. Visclosky – Natural Resources)
H.R. 2936 – Resilient Federal Forests Act of 2017 (Rep. Westerman – Agriculture) (Subject to a Rule)
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2017 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
H.R. 849 – Protecting Seniors' Access to Medicare Act of 2017 (Rep. Roe – Ways and Means/Energy and Commerce) (Subject to a Rule)