Delaney Holds Veterans Workshop in Cumberland
CUMBERLAND – Congressman John K. Delaney (MD-6) hosted a Veterans One-Stop-Shop in Cumberland featuring federal, state and local agencies and organizations together under one roof. Over 100 Marylanders attended the workshop, which is the 21st constituent services workshop Rep. Delaney has organized and hosted since 2015.
“America’s veterans are America’s heroes and they deserve the benefits they’ve earned,” said Congressman Delaney. “This veterans workshop is about bringing agencies and organizations directly to Western Maryland veterans so they can receive the health care, education and employment assistance they need. We need to expand benefits for veterans, make sure that existing programs are working and provide Maryland veterans with easy access to state and local programs as well. I encourage any veteran who needs assistance to contact my office his immediately.”
In June, Delaney introduced legislation to protect the credit scores of veterans dealing with delayed VA Choice Program payments. Delaney’s legislation has been endorsed by a number of national veterans organizations and a companion bill has been filed in the Senate.
Participating organizations in Delaney’s Veterans One-Stop-Shop included:
- Department of Veterans Affairs - Baltimore Regional Office
- Department of Veterans Affairs - Martinsburg Veteran Center
- Department of Veterans Affairs – Cumberland Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene – Maryland’s Commitment to Veterans program
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation - Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning
- Frostburg State University – Veterans Center
- Hagerstown Community College
- Veterans Transition Forum
- Vietnam Veterans of America - Chapter 172
- Platoon 22