On the House Floor This Week - 4/3/17
The House of Representatives will be in session this week. The legislative schedule, including which bills are brought to the floor for a vote, is set by the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and the Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
To contact my office about the legislation we’re considering this week, please contact my office at 202-225-2721 or by clicking here.
MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2017
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (3 bills)
- H.R. 479 – North Korea State Sponsor of Terrorism Designation Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Poe – Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 54 – Reaffirming the US-Argentina partnership and recognizing Argentina’s economic reforms, as amended (Rep. Sires – Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 92 – Condemning North Korea’s development of multiple intercontinental ballistic missiles, and for other purposes, as amended (Rep. Wilson (SC) – Foreign Affairs)
TUESDAY, APRIL 4, 2017
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspension (1 bill)
- Senate Amendment to H.R. 353 – Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2017 (Rep. Lucas – Science, Space, and Technology)
H.R. 1343 – Encouraging Employee Ownership Act of 2017 (Rep. Hultgren – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5, 2017
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspension (1 bill)
- H.R. 369 – To eliminate the sunset of the Veterans Choice Program (Rep. Roe – Veterans’ Affairs)
H.R. 1304 – Self-Insurance Protection Act (Rep. Roe – Energy and Commerce) (Subject to a Rule)
THURSDAY, APRIL 6, 2017 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
H.R. 1219 – Supporting America’s Innovators Act of 2017 (Rep. McHenry – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)