On the House Floor This Week - 4/24/17
The House of Representatives will be in session this week. The legislative schedule, including which bills are brought to the floor for a vote, is set by the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and the Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
To contact my office about the legislation we’re considering this week, please contact my office at 202-225-2721 or by clicking here.
TUESDAY, APRIL 25, 2017
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (8 bills)
- H.Con.Res. 35 – Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and the National Honor Guard and Pipe Band Exhibition (Rep. Barletta – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.Con.Res. 36 – Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the Greater Washington Soap Box Derby (Rep. Hoyer – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 455 – To designate the United States courthouse located at 501 East Court Street in Jackson, Mississippi, as the "R. Jess Brown United States Courthouse" (Rep. Thompson (MS) – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- S. 496 – A bill to repeal the rule issued by the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration entitled “Metropolitan Planning Organization Coordination and Planning Area Reform" (Sen. Duckworth – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 876 – Aviation Employee Screening and Security Enhancement Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Katko – Homeland Security)
- H.R. 1372 – Homeland Security for Children Act, as amended (Rep. Payne – Homeland Security)
- H.R. 534 – U.S. Wants to Compete for a World Expo Act, as amended (Rep. Emmer – Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 187 – Relating to efforts to respond to the famine in South Sudan, as amended (Rep. Bass – Foreign Affairs)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26, 2017
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
H.R. 1695 – Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017 (Rep. Goodlatte – Judiciary) (Subject to a Rule)
THURSDAY, APRIL 27, 2017 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
H.R. 1694 – Fannie and Freddie Open Records Act of 2017 (Rep. Chaffetz – Oversight and Government Reform) (Subject to a Rule)
Consideration of Legislation Making Further Appropriations for FY 2017