On the House Floor This Week - 3/6/17
The House of Representatives will be in session this week. The legislative schedule, including which bills are brought to the floor for a vote, is set by the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and the Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
To contact my office about the legislation we’re considering this week, please contact my office at 202-225-2721 or by clicking here.
MONDAY, MARCH 6, 2017
On Monday, the House will meet at 4:00 p.m. in Pro Forma session. No votes are expected.
TUESDAY, MARCH 7, 2017
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (7 bills)
- H.R. __ – To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Pago Pago, American Samoa, the Faleomavaega Eni Fa’aua’a Hunkin VA Clinic (Rep. Radewagen – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 1214 – Disaster SAVE Act, as amended (Rep. Barletta – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 375 – To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 719 Church Street in Nashville, Tennessee, as the Fred D. Thompson Federal Building and United States Courthouse (Rep. Blackburn – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 1117 – To require the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to submit a report regarding certain plans regarding assistance to applicants and grantees during the response to an emergency or disaster (Rep. Hartzler – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 1174 – Fairness For Breastfeeding Mothers Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Norton – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 654 – Pacific Northwest Earthquake Preparedness Act of 2017 (Rep. DeFazio – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- S. 442 – National Aeronautics and Space Administration Transition Authorization Act of 2017 (Sen. Cruz – Science, Space, and Technology)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 2017
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (3 bills)
- H.R. 132 – Arbuckle Project Maintenance Complex and District Office Conveyance Act of 2017 (Rep. Cole – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 648 – To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to amend the Definite Plan Report for the Seedskadee Project to enable the use of the active capacity of the Fontenelle Reservoir (Rep. Cheney – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 267 – Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Lewis – Natural Resources)
H.R. 1301 – Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2017 (Rep. Frelinghuysen – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
THURSDAY, MARCH 9, 2017
On Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
H.R. 725 – Innocent Party Protection Act (Rep. Buck – Judiciary) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 985 – Fairness in Class Action Litigation and Furthering Abestos Claim Transparency Act of 2017 (Rep. Goodlatte – Judiciary) (Subject to a Rule)
FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2017
On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
H.R. 720 – Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act of 2017 (Rep. Smith (TX) – Judiciary) (Subject to a Rule)